Roaming within EU AND EEA Countries
Here’s what you need to know
Roaming within European Union (EU/EEA) Countries has changed, meaning selected bundles now come with an EU/EEA Countries roaming allowance and Pay As You Go rates will be charged at no extra cost.
The countries included in this are listed below and will be referred to as ‘EU/EEA Countries’.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.
Some of our bundles now come with an EU/EEA Countries roaming allowance. To see which of our bundles include an EU/EEA Countries roaming allowance, please click here.
Pay As You Go
Lyca Mobile Pay As You Go customers roaming within EU/EEA Countries will be charged at our Standard National rates, as below:
|Romania Landlines||Romania Mobiles (Lyca Mobile)||Romania Mobiles (Other mobile)||SMS (Lyca Mobile)||SMS (Other mobile)||Data|
Prices are in eurocents, VAT is not included
Receiving calls and texts while roaming within the EU will be free of charge.
Terms and conditions
LYCA MOBILE EU/EEA COUNTRIES ROAMING USAGE POLICY
Lyca Mobile Roaming Products
- Selected Lyca Mobile prepaid bundles now include an EU/EEA Countries roaming allowance. You can find details of our prepaid bundles and their roaming allowances here.
- Lyca Mobile prepaid bundles that include an EU/EEA Countries roaming allowance are marked “EU Roaming” and bear the EU AND EAA emblem as below. These EU/EEA Countries roaming bundles allow you to use calls, texts and a capped amount of data (specified in the bundle information) when roaming within EU/EEA Countries as if you were using your bundle at home. However, these selected bundles are subject to our Fair Usage Policy described below.
- IMPORTANT: Some of our prepaid bundles do not include an EU/EEA Countries roaming allowance. Before purchasing a bundle, please check that it includes all the services you want to use.
- You can also use Pay As You Go credit for roaming within EU/EEA Countries. When roaming within EU/EEA Countries, calls, texts and data will be charged at our Standard National Rates. For call rates to non-EU/EEA Countries when roaming within EU/EEA Countries, please click here.
Fair Usage Policy and Important Information
- Our roaming services are intended for Lyca Mobile customers who visit EU/EEA Countries for short periods, for example a holiday or short trip. Our roaming Fair Usage Policy is designed to prevent misuse of our EU/EEA Countries roaming products and service.
- To use our EU/EEA Countries roaming services you must first activate your SIM in your home country (and have purchased a Lyca Mobile product that includes EU/EEA Countries roaming services).
- If over a four-month period we notice that you roam more than you use your phone at home, we might think you are permanently roaming. In such case we will send you a text message reminding you of the need to comply with our roaming Fair Usage Policy.
- If you do not comply with our roaming Fair Usage Policy within two weeks of the reminder text message, we will apply the following surcharges for your EU/EEA Countries roaming usage:Calls: € 0.03 per min
SMS: € 0.01 per SMS
Data: € 0.006 per MB
- If you have a prepaid bundle that includes EU/EEA Countries roaming services, then a different data limit may apply when you roam within EU/EEA Countries. Please check here for details of the data limit.
- Your calls to other Lyca Mobile numbers are free at home (minimum top-up applies), but when you roam within EU/EEA Countries they will be charged (or deducted from your bundle allowance) as standard calls.
- If we identify abusive usage of our roaming services due to organised resale or our SIM cards to persons who normally live outside of the Roamania then we may take immediate proportionate measures to stop this, which could include suspension of services. We will send a text message to any such affected SIM cards.
- If you have any queries about our roaming services, please feel free to contact us.